Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Better pay your Taxes
















Some of you may know that we have a high class coffee shop on the ground floor of our building. When I say "high class" I mean a coffee shop where women are welcome and it also serves food. Most of our neighbors are not pleased with this place because it has attracted a bad crowd to our neighborhood.

Well....here's where the story gets good... :). Last Thursday morning I heard banging so loud I thought maybe the building was going to crash. This was followed by lots of yelling. I ran to the balcony to find several police officers and men with sledgehammers destroying the coffee shop. They destroyed walls, seats, lights, the stairs leading to the inside of the coffeeshop. It was pretty much anything their hammers would hit. Then, two pick ups showed up and they loaded them up with chairs and tables, yelled some more, and drove off. By this point the entire neighborhood was out watching....like a football match. The owner call his employees and the next 6 hours they cleaned the place up and actually opened that night! (of course furniture was a little sparse. )

BUT My story is not over. The next two days the workers brought brick, new tile, and concrete to rebuild. It looked as if nothing happened to the place. THEN, the sun set on our friends below again. Yesterday more police showed up with a paddy wagon of sledgehammers and 3 moving trucks. They annihilated the place. I've never seen anything like it. Hammers were flying everywhere. The police hauled 3 truck loads of more tables and chairs. There was a lot of yelling between the police chief and owners. After they left, the owner and his employees cleaned up AGAIN! We don't know what the guy did wrong but I actually admire his "stick it to the man" attitude. They opened for business last night, with 3 plastic chairs, one table and one sheesha. We'll keep you posted to what happens next.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!

Anonymous said...

Can't imagine all that going on. Thinking of you and your family. Vicki

Josh and Brin said...

yikes. part of me would want to frequent that place A LOT and another more timid part of me would want me to find somewhere more....quiet.

we missed you in branson, but certainly talked about you :)
love~ brin

Anonymous said...

This is so bizzare! I can only imagine what some of the neighbors are saying! Perhaps this is the time for you to go into retail! hehe