After catching up on some friends, I (Jill) realized a while ago I had been tagged to share about the changes in myself. These are just a few ways I can think of in which I have been modified, refined, remodeled....in no particular order:
1. I now have two sets of clothes: House clothes and Street clothes. House clothes consist of t-shirts, shorts, and just plain comfortable things where street clothes always cover as much skin as possible, not tight, not revealing and dressier. I now understand that clothes are not truly dirty until you have worn them consistently for 6 days.
2. Being on time for an appointment is overrated. Remove the stress from life and when I get there or they get there, the appointment will happen.
3. I am now a clean freak in my house. When Cal and I were first married, I would clean whenever we couldn't walk across the floor. Now I can't go a few hours without cleaning or organizing the house. I know it is a sub-conscious effort of regaining the feeling of control in my life. The rest of my world here is so out of control, that I try and make a little part controllable.
4. The horn is one of the most useful mechanisms on a car. When I drive, I use it at least once a minute. It is great to announce you are coming into an intersection, warn others of your presence, going by someones blind spot, or to tell someone to go faster to name a few.
5. Like my friend Brin, I once intensely resisted the idea of being a homeschool mom - now it is one of the highlights of my day.
6. Most days I am the one being changed by God more than I am being used to change anyone or anything here.
7. Everyday things like water, electricity and gas are no longer something I think that I deserve, but a privilege. Each day I wake up and think, "Wow! We have water this morning. Thank you!"
8. 20 million people is actually kinda cozy feeling. I feel very uncomfortable in quiet, calm areas now.
9. I didn't know the deep pain that would go through my heart when I see my children confused (why don't I have grandparents here?), ostracized (I can't understand what they are saying), or understanding they must say good-bye to people they love on both continents, and I know all of this is because of the choice that we made. There are no regrets.......it just hurts more than I thought.
10. I used to be a "To Do" list person. I still enjoy writing lists, but it is just a mental exercise for me and not a measure of success like before. If I get one thing done a day, like getting vegetables, it's a good day. And now my definition of success is if I listened to His voice today.
Now I tag....Laura Mudd, Stacey D, and Beth D