Monday, April 09, 2007

Daddy, I don't want to Dye

This is just a funny story so I had to tell it. The day before Easter our family was preparing for Easter lunch and we had several eggs boiling to be colored for later. Jill started telling me everything she wanted to do with the girls for Easter. She said, "First we'll talk about the Easter story and then maybe Lydia can dye a little." She told me this while pointing to the boiling eggs. Five seconds later, Lydia pulls on my arm with tears in her eyes and said, "Daddy, I don't want to die." I then gave her a hug and explained the difference between dye (color) and die (like as a door nail).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting how they hear!!! I'm sure there will be other times just like that. And maybe x 3!!!! Love ya, Aunt Carol